shortcut to content

Berne-Knox-Westerlo masthead

Central School District logo type

Career Information

Helpful career assessment and exploration links

Career Cruising (User ID: slscapitalregion, password: albany)

LifeWorks (Health and Medical Sciences)

Hudson Valley Community College

Exploring Occupations

Bureau of Labor Statistics

Career Zone

Career Magazine

JobStar Career Search

Personality Tests

Career Key

Do What You Are

America's Career InfoNet

Tech Valley Internships


Working Papers

New York State Employment certificates are required for all workers who are less than 18 years old. Applications for working papers are available in the school nurses office.

The application requires a parent/guardian signature and a health form to be signed by the applicant's physician verifying he/she has had a physical examination within the past year. It is not necessary to have a job before obtaining the working papers.

Your counselor recommends that all students obtain working papers upon their 16th birthday. Working papers are available for students, ages 14 and 15, upon request. (All students should obtain a Social Security card.)