Getting involved in your child's education
When performed regularly, the following actions can help ensure your place as an active participant in your child's education at BKW:
1) Attend parent teacher conferences.
2) Ask teachers about their expectations of students.
3) Join the Parent Teacher Association.
4) Read and respond to notes from teachers.
5) Update teachers on any changes in my child's life (a divorce, a family illness).
Helping with homework
Below are some tips for helping your child form good homework habits:
1)Teach your child about study skills.
2) Enforce a daily homework time.
3) Create comfortable places for studying.
4) Praise your child's hard work.
5) Encourage your child to work independently.
Helpful homework resources